Solve Problems. Have Fun.
StrataCore is an IT Infrastructure Broker in Seattle. You might not know what that means yet, but you will! We are an eclectic, enthusiastic, social team that focuses on achieving results while having fun! StrataCore places a high value on employee happiness and fulfillment, personally and professionally.
StrataCore is one of the leading IT Advisors and Brokers in the industry and we are looking for an experienced IT technical resource to join us as a Solutions Engineer. This is a customer-facing role. Our sales team will bring you in when they need a technical expert to help identify, progress, or close a deal. Outside of customer calls, you will develop, plan, design, and execute complex technology solutions in areas such as network, datacenter, cloud, and security. This role is salary-based plus compensation by meeting objectives as both an individual and company. This role reports to the VP of Strategy and Sourcing.
- Ask Why. Work with clients to truly understand their needs and how their needs drive their own revenue
- Build Trust. Use your expertise (knowledge, skills, and behaviors) to deepen client relationships during client calls, whether in person or over video
- Deliver. Drive our revenue by building business-relevant, cost-effective technical solutions for our clients while leveraging partner technology
- Translate. Enable our sales teams to win by translating technical client needs to our partners and directly communicating their response to our clients
- Collaborate. Work with our whole team: everyone from sales to marketing to engineering and our partners to
- Plan. Document detailed specifications for proposed solutions including timeline and scope of the work involved for successful completion of the engagement.
- Compare. Walk clients through solution proposals including both technical and financial options.
- Continuous Learning. Stay current on the field’s advanced technologies and best practices to expand your expertise which drives client confidence win.
What we look for in a candidate
- High growth potential
- You can listen, you can find the actual need not necessarily the proposed need
- You can make complex solutions easy to understand
- Strong knowledge of Network, Security, Cloud and Data Center technologies
- Working knowledge of digital transformation strategies
- Two years previous work experience as a solution or sales engineer
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills in English
- Exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Systems thinker with strong business acumen
- Strong leadership, self-motivated, team player who can operate independently
- Ability to quickly learn new productivity software
- Preferred but not required: Previous experience in channel
- Preferred but not required: Bachelor’s degree in STEM
At StrataCore we have created an environment where everyone has the opportunity to succeed. An integral part of this success comes from the commitment we make to our employees and in return, the commitment we ask from them. We have established standards of conduct for working as a team as well as individually - each team member is required to practice the following:
- Consistently demonstrate initiative and leadership with assignments, projects, and customers
- Have a sense of urgency
- Be passionate about work
- Display constant curiosity
- Aggressively pursue training, learning, and career advancement
- Address every challenge with a proposed solution
- Be accountable and take ownership in projects and tasks
At StrataCore, we pride ourselves on comprehensive IQ/EQ testing for candidates. During the interview process, we will invite candidates to complete a sequence of cognitive and behavioral assessments as well as speak with members of our team.
When applying, please include an English resume and cover letter briefly describing your work experience and your interest in working for StrataCore.